Quality Assurance Analyst
Debugs software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products. Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans, automated scripts and programs for testing. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems. Provides feedback in preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages, systems, and computation software. Ensures quality computer integration into the overall functions of scientific computation, data acquisition, and processing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Defines and creates automated and manual test plans and cases for functional integration and regression testing of multiple financial applications.
- Executes happy path and functional test cases, to verify requirements, find and document any and all problems, bugs, or other issues that affect the applications.
- Reviews existing test scenarios for viability and feasibility.
- Partners with development engineers to define requirements, explain defects and improve the application.
- Collaborates with analyst and development teams to resolve software and application defects and incorrect test results.
- Develops and maintains test procedure documents.
- Performs functional, regression, integration and acceptance testing.
- Participates in the testing of production emergency bug fixes.
- Works with automation team to review nightly regression test and future automation plans.
- Other duties as requested by management.
- Perform all work and activities with honesty and integrity.
- Take personal responsibility for productivity, quality and timeliness of work.
- Effectively communicate (and listen) clearly, professionally, politely and persuasively in all situations; respond well and in a reasonable, timely manner.
- Challenge conventional practices and use creativity and information to lead, innovate, problem solve, and implement ideas to contribute to the growth of the organization.
- Support and meet company/department goals and core values.
- Collaborate with co-workers to achieve common goals.