Data Research Analyst
Research Career Opportunities /
The Data Research Analyst provides investment research on publicly traded companies on the NYSE, AMEX and NASDAQ stock exchanges. The Analyst is part of a team involved in searching information about companies from various sources and updating our proprietary database with all relevant information, within specific timeframes. All information collected and researched is used in preparing the data for our investment products.
- To be responsible for collection and maintenance of exchange and contributed data.
- Process data and apply in an accurate manner to the database using technical and financial knowledge to add value.
- To continue to provide expert data maintenance where required.
- To assist in projects with emphasis on data content.
- To liaise directly with other teams on regular basis to ensure constant development and information flow in the team.
- Analyze business rules and procedures to recommend appropriate course of action based on industry standards.
- Collect and maintain relevant information about companies in a timely and efficient manner.
- Act as a secondary source of knowledge on own data, communicating with other departments.
- Take responsibility for data quality, accuracy, timeliness and completeness.
- Work effectively within teams or by yourself, proactively identifying and resolving problems.
- Assist where required in data projects and testing.
- Cultivate a learning and positive work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fluent in English
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Professional attitude
- Good organizational skills
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently within a team environment
- Knowledge of financial markets would be a strong asset
- Strong computer skills including Spreadsheets, Word, and Internet
- Ability to use in-house database (training will be provided)