Senior Business Systems Analyst
The BSA may be required to perform all or a combination of the following duties and responsibilities in one or several of the following functional areas as determined by business necessity and individual’s knowledge, activities.
- Document current (as-is) business processes, identify and model to-be business process flow.
- Ability to manage small projects as well as provide interim support for Project Manager’s role.
- Analyze business requirements, procedures and problems and apply solutions in line with business requirements of stakeholders.
- Manage changing requirements (change control) communicating with project team and stakeholders on impact
- Gather, document, analyze and prioritize detailed business requirements based on users and business needs
- Facilitate requirements gathering workshops and one-on-one interviews
- Devise diagrams and flows to illustrate steps and describe logical operational steps of the system
- Participate and support project team members through the project life cycle (inception through transition)
- Utilize analysis tools such as data flow diagrams, process models and data models
- Create system requirements specifications using Use Cases and supplementary documentation
- Create, document test plans and coordinate testing
- Manage stakeholder expectations
- Oversee and assist other business analysts with project activities
- Collaborate with developers, IA, QA, Project Managers to develop and improve processes
- Participate in Business Development activities
- Proactive in providing input into process improvement activities
- Mentor other Business Analysts
- Assists with other disciplines on an as needed basis (e.g. Marketing and Research analysis, schematic development, vendor assessment, etc).
- Creates accurate work estimates for analyst deliverables and provide order-of-magnitude estimates for other project disciplines.
- Identifies user training needs, creates a training plan, develops training materials, and conducts training sessions that drive system adoption
- Participates in analyst interviews and recruiting efforts
- Stays up to date with industry and technology trends
- Experience and knowledge with system development approaches (e.g. RUP, Agile, etc).
- Advanced knowledge of SQL with ability to understand joins, unions, except, write stored proc, pull data through SSIS and an ETL process
- Proven experience with Use Cases and requirements gathering techniques.
- Proven ability to design, develop, deploy and maintain innovative and successful technical applications/systems.
- Experience with workflow design and development of requirements gathering with Use Cases
- Competent in working on complex projects independently and with a team during multiple phases of a project
- Experience with user-centric requirements gathering, analysis and scoping.
- Experience with designing, conducting and analyzing user interviews and surveys
- Ability to frame problems and opportunities to present solutions
- Experienced at application training and documentation
- Familiarity with the systems and technology commonly found in an enterprise IT environment such as CMS, CRM, HRMS, EAI, ERP, DAM, Portals, and e-Commerce
- Experience integrating applications to other enterprise systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft and open source development technologies
- Able to manage expectations of stakeholders and internal project team. Flexibility to work in the U.S hours. The candidate is expected to have enough overlap time to coordinate with stakeholders in the U.S.
- Strategic planning and problem solving experience
- Ability to understand technical concerns of development team and mediate the best possible solution.
- Able to scope projects effectively
- Effectively communicate issues with Project Manager and project team, and provide solutions to issues.
- Bachelors degree; Masters degree a plus
- 6-8 years in a Business Analyst role
- Persuasive, patient manner and flexible and able to work under tight deadlines
- High level of integrity and professional maturity
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills